Translate

Thursday, December 20, 2012

Dealing with Lack of Inspiration

I've been trying to keep up my update speeds, and thanks in part to my NaNoWriMo experience, I've been able to push myself to write. I just haven't really been feeling it lately. My main suspect is all the time I have for Christmas Break. I'm not sure why, but I feel like when I have less time for writing, I want to write more.

It really doesn't seem like a big deal otherwise, but I don't really like forcing myself to write. I feel like when I'm bored with it, the writing has to turn out boring, too. I was able to put in a fight scene in the last chapter of Unsurvivable, which I'm apparently good at doing, so it probably wasn't that bad, but still.

Any advice?

2 comments:

  1. If you don't feel like writing, don't force yourself to write. It's better to have slow updates than to churn out writing you feel is uninspired. And it would give me more time to work on your guys' presents. ;D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I mean, inspiration's never going to be there all the time, so for these chapters it just depends on when I finally make myself start writing. Bleh.

      I'm going to be a terrible real writer if I ever have deadlines.

      Delete