Translate

Thursday, December 13, 2012

New Fiction Idea #1

I think I'm going to be posting quite a few of these here, both so I can keep track of them and so you can see what kind of stories pop up in my head while I'm trying to work on other ones.

So, last night I was innocently listening to "Pac-Man Fever" on the radio, and somehow this came out of it.

Title: Chasers [could be changed]

Genre: Not completely sure. Seems a bit fantasy-like, since there are powers involved, but input would be appreciated.

Protagonist: "Pink" (real name unknown in-universe), a 20-year-old blonde woman who is generally quite determined (and angered if something gets in the way) and takes some time to warm up to new people.

Other Main Characters: "Red," an 18-year-old young man with curly dirty blonde hair and a rather obnoxious demeanour, he's the nerdy athletic boy of the group.
"Ink," a 22-year-old black/African-American man with a shaved head and quite a few tattoos on his arms, he's good-natured but can have trouble taking things seriously.
Clyde, a 25-year-old redheaded Scotsman who enjoys acting like an idiot but knows much more about the setting than any of the others.

Antagonist: Kevin, a 17-year-old Vietnamese-American who panics easily.
Many other antagonists are involved, but Kevin is the only visitor frequent enough for the protagonists to know his name.

Setting: An abandoned city dreamscape. Consists of many streetlights (without electricity), fire hydrants (without running water), tall buildings (without doors but with plenty of windows), the occasional tree, and asphalt streets, always at right angles (without cars). The sky is always black, but all of the cityscape is somehow well-lit. It is literally a dream world, but Red, Pink, Ink, and Clyde are trapped there whether a dreamer is present or not.

Plot: Red, Pink, and Ink arrive in the dream world on the same day knowing nothing of their identities. Clyde, who appears to have already been there, greets them and introduces them to the situation. All four of them are ghosts, dead to the living world but for some reason trapped here. They will remain trapped here without knowledge of who they are until they can catch a dreamer (by chasing after them, because that's how people tend to react in dreams) and take part of the dreamer's soul/memory. Whoever gets this piece will regain his or her identity, but he or she will still be trapped until all of them have succeeded in taking a piece.

Point of View: Third person, limited to Pink, although a few chapters may feature Kevin in the real world.

I'm still debating whether to make it Pac-Man fan fiction or distance it a bit more and make it original. Leaning towards the original side, though it seems slightly less fun.

Speaking of fan fiction, I am indeed working on Unsurvivable chapter 37. I know what's going to happen, so I'm not too concerned it consists of all of one sentence right now. Despite all of my original fiction ideas, updating these is still my first priority right now, don't you worry.

2 comments:

  1. My next chapter currently consists of...wait for it...TWO sentences!

    I like your idea for the fic, and will be pleased either way as a fanfic or original fic. :)

    ~Sharon Stoppable

    ReplyDelete
  2. Already told you I like this, but I'll say it again ... I like this! It sounds really awesome!

    ReplyDelete