Translate

Sunday, December 16, 2012

Making Covers

So, I fancy myself to be of some quality of an artist, but making covers is difficult. Maybe "designing" would be a better word, actually. I still have no idea what to do for Mayflies or Macbay Transportation Services, and while I have a vision for Crumbling it's going to be difficult to draw in a non-anime style.

The Long and Winding Road, though, provided a relatively simple design for me, so I went ahead and tried to make it. So, ta-da.


I also have an alternate version for the original fiction. Same font, though it's all one line at the top, and my name is in white, a bit smaller, beneath it and aligned to the right. The main image is still the same.

So, what do you think? There's a heart since it's romance, and blood since it's still zombie apocalypse. And, of course, a winding road. I'm only partially satisfied with each element, though I think the title font worked out fine, haha.

So, does it make sense to you? Should I redesign it? Give up forever? Abandon my writing dreams for cover designing? Opinions appreciated.

2 comments:

  1. Honest opinion? It's somewhat plain, but still nice. I don't think there's any need to redesign it, though. My one piece of advice would maybe be to trim off some of the blackness on the right end, so it seems more centered.

    ReplyDelete