Translate

Saturday, June 15, 2013

Dream Journal #8

This actually shook me up a bit, though once I was suitably awake such thoughts seemed a bit silly.

Also a bit strange how I was only an observer the entire time, rather than switching places with the main character ever so often.

And a random welcome to all of the hits from Ukraine!

19 Apr—20 Apr

I was watching a DVD of some sort of anime. The first few clips (they were all too short to really be called episodes, since it wasn't as random as Hetalia) played without any unusual intervention and introduced the main character and her family. The main character was a brown-haired Japanese teenager who was rather cheerful and liked to ride her bike. I don't think she ever had a mother.

Then, after the end of one clip, a menu opened where I could choose which clip to watch next, each of which was near the same time in the storyline and so could be watched in any order. As I selected and watched clips, more options came up after every one, sorted by the character with which they were involved, including more characters (all connected to the main character) as I progressed. In this manner I continued to watch the series, where everything in the main character's life started falling apart. Her little sister was slowly dying of a mysterious illness; her boyfriend, with whom she played basketball, proved to not care enough for her during her troubles and left her; and her father, who was still quite young, was losing his memory in some mundane way piece by piece. I was hesitant to watch the father's first clip because I knew how bad it was going to get.

The main character also had a companion that was some kind of light brown, furry bat. He talked and pretty much only showed up from time to time for comic relief. His first segment (or at least the first that featured him enough to count as his category) was actually the fourth of his listed clips, but I couldn't select the previous ones, which, I reasoned, had to be because I hadn't watched the right clips in other categories yet. Caleb came into the room where I was watching the DVD and made a snarky comment about the bat and his colourful, furry ear lining. I shooed Caleb off and continued watching.

At some point the main character was running back to her village past a rocky area that happened to be some sort of shooting range. She had to run between rounds of shots (which were small, black rocks instead of bullets) and then hide behind outcroppings as the people, who never took any heed of her, fired. There was also some point when she and her bat friend were dropped off from a bus in the middle of the village/city, and she had to find her way home past a flooded roadway.

6 comments:

  1. That actually sounds like it could be a perfectly legitimate anime. I want to watch it now. XD

    My dream last night was a modgepodge of different things, like Hunchback of Notre Dame, pizza with way too much sauce on it, the Eiffel Tower, a French amusement park, university courses, a graduation banquet, a path that led from my school through the woods to my house, and me trying to revive a dying river otter. Oh, and some movie from the 90s involving kids fighting velociraptors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was fine reading that until the river otter. >u<

      Delete
    2. I did save it, though! I kept putting it in a little pond, but it stayed all limp and pitiful, so then I realized that it needed a bigger body of water to swim in, put it in a huge and fast-flowing river, and it perked right up and swam away! :D

      Delete
    3. You... just need to start your own blog if only for your dreams.

      Delete
  2. That actually sounds like the basis for a pretty coherant story. Do you have any objections to me using your dream for a story I'm working on?
    (Mim)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Go ahead! I'm going to put a few aspects of it into the next New Manga Idea, but it's nothing I seriously see myself trying to write.

      Delete