Translate

Monday, June 17, 2013

Fragments

Novel ideas are just a combination of weird quirks that interest me enough to require toying with them. Sometimes, though, I only end up with one little fragment of an idea with no idea as to what to put with it. Here I will compile some of these fragments, and maybe I (or you!) can figure out what should go together, or what else should be brought in.

  • An army mime (after seeing the words juxtaposed in a Scrabble solver)
  • Some sort of traditional epic fantasy
  • A family that possesses full-grown beards from birth that protect their owners (thanks to Caleb being weird after reading the surname "Beardsley")
  • A world with no bodies, only voices
  • A musical based on Journey songs
  • An overly-independent disabled person learning to rely on others sometimes
  • A modern day teen sucked into a fantasy world who insists on calling sprites "pixels"
  • A family where all of the children are named after different types of tea
  • A dark novel titled Thus Quoth the Raven
  • Something with two cats sitting atop a car in a neighbourhood and chatting whilst sipping tea (because my eyes took too long to figure out that was just a ladder wrapped in plastic blowing in the wind...)
  • Main characters called Lizzie and Ferd who are always at each other's throats
  • A fight scene on the outside of this building

2 comments:

  1. 1. That's ... interesting. XD It reminds me of how my sister once tried to convince me that all mimes took a vow of silence and never spoke, even outside of their jobs. The sad thing is that I almost believed her (and this wasn't that long ago, either.)
    2. Now that I think of it, I haven't seen you write traditional fantasy yet; that'd be neat.
    3. Oh, you...
    4. That's probably the most interesting one out of all of these. I'm not sure where it would go, but it's a very original idea!
    5. Sort of like Mamma Mia, then! That'd be really neat! Which songs would you use? (I imagine that Don't Stop Believing would have to be the big show-stopper.)
    6. That's a neat idea; sort of a reverse of the usual themes associated with disabled characters. To be honest, it sometimes annoys me in stories when characters are *totally* independent and see it as a sign of weakness to ask for help, so to see that trait deconstructed would be cool.
    7. XD
    8. I was actually in a tea store on my music trip this year where there were thousands of different tea names, all of them completely original and weird. I can't remember a single one, though.
    9. Oooh
    10. You have no idea how long I laughed over that one. XD
    11. For some reason (i.e. Terrible) I read that as 'Lizzie and Felix.'
    12. That'd be amazing! XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Given the nature of most Journey songs, it would probably need to be some sort of Romance (although it would be neat to make the main song "Dead or Alive").

      Hehe.

      Delete