Translate

Monday, August 12, 2013

Catastrophye

For some birthday a long time ago, I got a hands-on book-writing kit with a cover, pages, and thread and glue for binding. I got as far as drawing a cover with someone gagged and tied to a chair next to the title "One Full Turn and a Little More." Then I gave up on that, flipped around the cover-sheet-thing, and drew the cover of "Catastrophye." I hacked out a few pages with a typewriter before abandoning that as well. Here's what I had.


One day I was invited to go to Florida with my best friend, Kasey. I wanted to go, so I went to her house and then we left.
When we got there, we planned what we would do. Later that day, we went to the Everglades without her parents. Kasey and I journeyed to the edge of the swamp. To my horror, an alligator swam out to her and bit her foot! It didn't let go of her foot, and noone [sic] was around. Luckily, I knew that if you hit an alligator in the nose with something hard, the alligator would let go of whatever it had in its mouth. I tried to find just the right thing to hit the alligator with. There was a nearby tree, so I tried to break a branch off. It was hard, but I broke one off. Kasey was just about to get pulled in when I poked the alligator with the branch. It let go of her foot, but it was badly injured. We went to find an emergency center.

END OF CHAPTER 1

Kasey and I kept trying to find an emergency center. No luck so far. We finally came across a house. I figured that they might be able to help. Kasey and I ventured inside. There were indeed people there, and we stood out in the crowd. One of the ladies came up to us and attemted [sic] to help us. She gave us some water for Kasey to put her foot in.

END OF CHAPTER 2

We stayed there for a while, and the nice lady gave us some food. Kasey and I ate the food. It was very good. Later that night, the lady gave us a bed. I liked it. Kasey had to have a speacial [sic] bed because of her foot. The next morning, the nice woman got a phone call. It was for Kasey. Someone had called her. She took the phone. "Hello, is this Ms. [surname removed]?"
"Yes" Kasey said. The man said, "Your parents have been killed"

END OF CHAPTER 3

Kasey dropped the phone. I was shocked. We cried and sobered for quite a while. After some time, we ended. After that,we stayed at the ladie's [sic] house. We had stayed for more than a couple of years when Kasey's foot was healed. Following that, Kasey and I decided to try to go back home. We knew that it would be difficult, but we determined to do it. Then the long journy [sic] began.

END OF CHAPTER4

We decided to take a difficult route. Kasey and I did this to prevent having to cross any rivers besides the Mississippi. So we went to Miami, then to Orlando (we had to stop for food there). After that , we went to through Orlando to Tallahassee, but on our way there we met Kasey Aunt Neenee and Uncle Keith. They said that Kasey's parents died and gave Kasey her inheritance(which was $5,000!).

END OF CHAPTER 5

4 comments:

  1. My my, looks like someone didn't like Kasey's parents as a child. XD If Kasey was real and not a made-up friend, that is.

    You "sobered" for a while? XD

    Took quite a long time for her foot to be healed. XD

    Looks like even back then, you were writing about long journeys through the southern states! Also, I find it hilarious that one of the only words you spelt wrong was your future penname. XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, her parents are awesome. Apparently them dying would be the only way for us to have an adventure, though.

      I'm hoping I meant "sobbed."

      I know, right?

      True XD

      Delete
    2. You had a pretty good concept of geography for that age, though - I remember trying to write a story about people who lived in Finland, except I knew nothing about Finland and made it exactly like 18th-century Scotland. (So pretty much I copied everything out of one of my Little House on the Prairie prequel books. XD)

      Delete