Translate

Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Dream Journal #13

I suppose this is what I get for watching K-ON! and Moyashimon on the same day as reading an academic article about anime for a research paper.

13 Jul—14 Jul

I was in a large history classroom with a long, curved desk, around which everyone sat. The teacher hadn't arrived yet, so I was looking up things on the Internet with my laptop. After discovering that, contrary to what I read earlier, Wikipedia now said there was only one season of K-ON!, and I was disappointed that I had indeed finished the entire series. After looking up something about Hetalia, I got out my laptop charger, and, realising it was unwound, anyway, decided to plug in my computer to charge. I found an outlet at chin level by the front door and proceeded to slide the plug into it very slowly.

In the middle of this process, I noticed a spark jumping at the back of the outlet (which I saw through the outlet holes as the plug had yet to completely fill them), and suddenly the entire outlet panel caught fire. I quickly removed my charger, and everyone in the class started freaking out a little bit until the teacher* came in. After observing the situation with a clear head, he instructed two of the girls nearby (I had already retreated) to put out the fire by flinging handfuls of yellow oil on it from the sink a few metres away. He remarked to me that this was sort of dangerous to the girls closest by, but the fire steadily went out.

Next, I was Ritsu of K-ON!, trying to catch up to Naruto. He was chasing Sasuke, but I knew the Sasuke was a fake, so I was shouting and running to stop Naruto before he could run into a trap. At some point in the chase, we had to go across a very long bridge with several supports that cut straight across a low mountain range. As we started on that part of the race, the view zoomed out to explain that the stretch of wood was the longest of its kind, a fact that I did not appreciate under the circumstances.

I continued running down the bridge, some ambiguous high school friends behind me, and I had to keep dodging camels, which stood shackled to either side of the bridge, and their owners. At one point we had to hopscotch over a row of kids stretched out across the bridge and halfway hidden by a layer of ash. All of a sudden, the camel owners started hollering at each other in concern about the camels braying, but I didn't understand because it was happening far ahead of us. Soon the braying passed down the line of camels far enough to hit us. Now all of the camels were braying in unison rounds of two syllables**, and it was so deafening I had to clamp my hands over my ears to keep going.

Finally I made it to the end of the bridge, where a shounen-hero-type kid stood on a level platform to stop us. Carrying himself rather arrogantly, he wielded an odd, double-javelin-axe-sickle-type weapon whose heads were made of jagged stone but squished like spongy foam. The boy claimed he didn't even need a good sword to defeat us and then singled me out, throwing me a similar weapon. I accepted his challenge, and we fought for a while. I got in a few hits, but he decided he was finished with me. Complaining that I couldn't even finish a fight, he tried to fling me away, but I was angry enough to dig my fingernails into his arms and hang on to him. I swung back around and landed an admittedly weak kick to his crotch before I pulled back.

Suddenly some other allies of mine had come in, and now the kid was surrounded. Knowing that they could handle him for me, I ran off after catching another glance of Naruto. He was ninja-jumping across bridge supports above us, shouting Sasuke's name again.

* I'm pretty sure the teacher was actually one of my former history professors, for Western Civilization. That may have been an addition after the actual dream, though.

**As in, "bray, bray ... bray, bray ... bray, bray." I wasn't sure exactly how to phrase that.

3 comments:

  1. The thing about the camels braying was maddeningly hilarious. XD I also liked the hopscotching over the random kids, and the zoom-out explaining the length of the bridge a lot, too. Of course, the whole thing was insanely epic as always. XD

    I had a weird dream the first night in Amsterdam that Miserable/Unsurvivable (they were the same story, somehow) had only just finished, and it was revealed that Magya was the victor. I then started reliving all the various deaths in the fic, which for some bizarre reason took place in the local zoo, including one scene where one form or another of Russia (I think it was Ivan) killed me. There was a lot more to the dream than that, but that was the only part I can remember clearly.

    Last night was also a really long, confusing dream, but the part that stood out most to me was when I was Sweden and me, Norway, some person who looked like Finland but was supposed to be either Aland or the Faroe Islands, and one other Nordic nation (presumably Denmark) were captured by people in league with the scientists in Cage and thrown into a prison cell with various elementary-school desks in it. Iceland and Finland had escaped. It was my (Sweden's) fault we had been captured because I had stopped to take a photo of a teepee made of gigantic hockey sticks, baseball bats and other sports equipment while we were fleeing from the enemies. I started crying because I felt so guilty, but the others easily forgave me. Then some woman came in and started trying to get information out of us. She told me that they had Finland and were going to torture or kill him, which greatly upset me, but I knew that I couldn't betray the other nations, so I said nothing. I remember clinging to one of the desks and shaking with the effort of not giving information to save Finland. The woman then said that if I wasn't going to say anything, they'd just torture me later, and then she left. We then started looking through the desks to see if there was anything that could help us escape, but all we could find was one of my elementary-school notebooks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've only been remembering snippets of dreams recently, although I'll try to have a good one eventually.

      The zoo? XD

      That sounds pretty cool. You should make a fic out of it. ;D

      Delete
    2. Yeah, our zoo has a sort of 'Prehistoric Park' with life-sized dinosaur statues everywhere, and as far as I could tell it was taking place there.

      No, I shouldn't. I have enough things on my plate. XD But it was pretty neat; I remember being really disappointed as I was waking up because I wouldn't get to find out what happened next. I think the other Nordics were really impressed that I was essentially sacrificing the person I cared about most for the greater good, or something like that.

      Delete