Translate

Monday, December 2, 2013

Fragments VI

The madness will never stop.

  • A dystopia where everyone chooses to be bound to a certain mode of transport (skateboard, rollerblades, etc.) for life and is inducted into a faction for that vehicle and trained to hate all other factions
  • A world where magic can bring one corpse (in good condition) back to life in exchange for killing someone else, and vise versa
  • "in a flash, he backhanded Ace across the jaw." (Mac dictionary entry: backhand)
  • A character with sporadic fatal insomnia
  • A "bad guy" protagonist
  • "We just had a 15-Watt laser delivered to us, but they didn't give us any instructions." (overheard during my physics lab)
  • Cities that look like giant circuit boards
  • Powers based off famous paradoxes (i.e., an archer whose arrows behave similarly to the Doctor Who statue-things for Zeno's paradox)
  • A car park echoing with the sound of scrapers getting ice off the various windshields
  • A "Honey, I Shrunk the Kids" type of Hetalia fan fiction

4 comments:

  1. You made me look up sporadic fatal insomnia and you made me sad :(
    The laser without instructions sounds like a potential comedy.
    Mim

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the Ace one, for some reason. That was a dictionary entry? How weird...

    I'm curious about sporadic fatal insomnia, but now that I read the other comment I'm scared to click on the link.

    The powers based off paradoxes sounds pretty cool. Maybe you could put it into your X-Men-esque one, since you were trying to think up a way to make it more original?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. I think it would actually be quite fun to have a job writing all of the example sentences for a dictionary. There are some silly ones out there.

      Haha, well, it's pretty much what it sounds like...

      Yeah... I don't know. That story didn't have much planned for it, so it may not be worth it. We'll see if I can find a good premise/plot, for either.

      Delete