Translate

Thursday, July 18, 2013

Fragments II

A sequel to Fragments, because the platelets of the idea universe will never stop coming.

On another note, I really need to work on my metaphors.
  • Someone whose dream is to be a graphic T-shirt designer
  • A character named Jovial Munk (at my father's request)
  • Twin female telepaths, one who controls sugar and the other salt
  • Terrorist retirement (after my mother mishearing "terrace")
  • A manga about a foosball player
  • An excuse to use "mediastinum" (dedicated to Dr. Li)
  • Someone with the phone number 324-5873 (spells "failure")
  • Some modern fantasy version of the Song of Everlasting Sorrow
  • A man walks out to get his mail, sees a wasp, slaps it to the ground with the letters he just retrieved, stomps on it, and yells "SKILLS" before returning to the house (my father is cool sometimes)
  • A super-steampunk megalethoscope
  • Intelligent, demonic honeybees
  • A maestro who can command heartbeats by conducting

4 comments:

  1. Five and seven may go well together XD
    Hm... Maybe... Would you be okay with me potentially using five and seven for my story? The one I already got the characters for from you dream journal?
    Mim

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed!

      Go ahead! Most of these are just things that I think would be interesting—I don't have enough of an idea to need to write it myself.

      Delete
  2. I love your metaphors. XD

    I really like 'Jovial Munk,' for some reason. It just sounds so, I don't know, original and sassy. XD

    Oooh, the sugar and salt idea is cool. Same with the maestro one.

    The 'intelligent, demonic honeybees' reminds me of an improve story one of my friends was telling one lunch hour about evil, sentient dandelions that started attacking our school. (I got killed, but became one of my friends' guardian angels, so that was okay. XD)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, ffft.

      It was originally "Jovial Monk," but Dad said to change the spelling so it didn't necessarily sound religious. I can't remember where he found it.

      I know, I think they could turn out to be pretty interesting. Maybe they'll make it into the same story somehow (X-Men ripoff #2, hooray!).

      And that makes just as good a story.

      Delete