Translate

Saturday, July 20, 2013

Nick Richards

I've been writing as long as I can remember. As to what I actually wrote early on, I can't remember a thing—but I just found this gem in a dresser drawer. Published on high-quality white paper folded in half (and not evenly) and written in purple and orange coloured pencil was an illustrated story entitled "Nick Richards." I will replicate it here for our amusement.

Nick was a [local television company] worker. He loved his job. He got paid so much! Nick was a happy man with everything he had. He had a wife, free stuff, and he was rich. His wife's name was Wanda. She was a saleslady. Nick was also a generous man, which led him to the right places. One day, while he was relaxing in his pool, his wife took a friend in with her. They welcomed her in the pool. She said, "Hi, my name is Amanda,". Amanda was quite lovely herself.



They had quite a day. They played Tennis, Soccer, Baseball, and Basketball. (Richard won all of them by himself, exept [sic] for Tennis.) They watched a football game. Of course [logo of local football team] won! They went online played board games and had a lot of fun!



Amanda said, "Bye. See you tommor-ow."[sic] She left. All of a sudden They heard, "Help! Help!". They went out. Then Nick & Wanda saw Amanda stuck in a quicksand trap! "What should we do now?!" cried Wanda, "If we get to [sic] close we'll fall in!".



"We can give her advice." "Wait a second..." Wanda said, "There is No time!". Nick said, "You give her advice while I investigate those,". Nick pointed to a hand and foot in the cement. Nick did that and said "I know him!" Nick went away.



Nick came with Bob. Bob got arrested. Then Nick saw Amanda covered to her mouth. He said, "Grab the root!". She grabbed it and pulled herself up. A townsman said, "Bob never liked anyone,". Everyone threw a party. Then Wanda said he was a hero.

6 comments:

  1. Awwww, I can't even begin to describe how adorable that is! Your drawings just make it extra-amazing. It's so cool to see the birth of a genius. XD

    I have lots of old stuff that I've written at my house, but I've never published any of it (except for the Harry Potter story on my profile, but I wasn't *that* young when I did it.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, Nick can identify someone just by a handprint and footprint in cement? That's pretty skilled. XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, they were labelled "Bob."

      Yeah, I may end up posting some of my first fan fiction here, too. It may not be as hilarious without the full plot, but oh, well.

      Delete
    2. Bob's not too smart, then. XD

      Yes, please do! That'd be awesome!

      Delete
  3. This made me chuckle. This is almost as good as my sisters little kid story. "Jewels and Godzilla ate hamburgers. And then they went surfing. And then they had Pizza. And then they went surfing. And then they had icecream. And then they went surfing..." I don't know if I have any of my own old stories :(
    Mim

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Um... Okay, then! Sounds pretty good.

      (For a second, I thought you put "my little sister" and was confused.)

      I didn't know I had this one until the other day, so go poke through some drawers and see what happens. Don't get paper cuts, though, K?

      Delete