Translate

Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Dream Journal #9

100th post, hooray! Thanks to anyone that's been more or less keeping up with all of this. Hope it's enjoyable.

18 May—19 May

I was playing some sort of video game with Schoolhouse Rock!-like graphics. It was a small, modern-day town, and by selecting various buildings, etc., I had to explore the area and find all of the sections I could. I had found all but one thing on the goal list before I finally caught sight of a certain selectable sign that had a list of all of the sites. Amongst several places I had already been was an option labelled "Don't tell me I don't exist." I selected it to be taken to a screen showing the town's king. He had short, brown hair and was in the process of spinning his crown in the air. Apparently his label was some sort of reference to his lack of political power.

At this point, the video-game feel of the dream was gone. Kari* was the mother of a 4- or 5-year-old brown-haired boy whose father (the real king of the town) had been missing. They lived in a big mansion with white wood stairs. At some point we managed to track down and release the real king, who went on to battle the usurper.

As the two kings stood poised for battle with their swords, the fake king prepared some momentous pre-battle words and shouted: "I like your daikons!" The real king responded, "I... don't know what to make of that!" and they both charged into battle. (It should be noted at this point that the fake king had made similar comments before using different vegetables.)

The real king won, bringing peace to the town and whatnot. I wondered why Kari didn't free him sooner because she had a blue, superpowered sword.

*Kari was the wife of the sponsor for the Japan portion of my trip. She has two kids as well, but she was the only one of the group to appear in this dream.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on your 100th post! :D

    I was going to pick out one thing I found the most hilarious about the two kings, but I couldn't. I love how things like that make perfect sense in dreams but none at all in reality. XD

    I had this really awesome dream a month or so ago and was waiting for you to post another dream journal so I could tell you, but I kind of forgot most if it. XD From what I can recall, 20 or so kids from my school, including my friends and I, were kidnapped by an evil woman who forced us to watch the crew of the Enterprise (from the new Star Trek movies) be dropped down trapdoors that supposedly led to some sort of death trap. It was understood that she would eventually make us do this to each other, so my friend Allison and I formed a secret resistance and started sabotaging her experiments by doing things like stealing empty water bottles from her office.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!

      Yeah, my favourite is the daikons line.

      Another reason you need to start a dream blog. It sounds like it was an interesting dream, ha.

      Delete