Translate

Friday, July 26, 2013

Dream Journal #11

One of those dreams where I always knew where I was, yet the surroundings were nothing like the actual place.

25 Jun—26 Jun

There was a girl with very short, blonde hair, who was going to my church. At some point she fell in love with a boy there, but for some reason neither could hang out in public. So the girl arranged her hair over one eye and covered the bottom of her face to look like a male and went into the men's restroom where her crush was. They met in the first stall to the left and somehow both managed to plunge wholly into the toilet bowl (which may or may not have temporarily changed into a swimming pool-type apparatus). They made out underwater and resurfaced in the restroom stall. The girl put her disguise back together and walked out feeling quite happy.

I was at my first high school, talking with L.J.* and some girl friends. I was sure to keep good track of the time, because my parents would expect me back after school ended (even though I wasn't actually taking classes). Getting nervous and leaving the classroom with my friends, I decided to wash my laundry in some sort of sports coach area of the school. While waiting for the first load of whites to watch, I went back and chatted with my friends, still feeling uncomfortable, until the washing machine made a beeping noise to signal the end of the cycle. How I was able to hear it from that classroom, which was quite distant, I'm not sure, but my friends were completely fine with me leaving to take care of it.

I switched over that load and checked my watch. It was almost 17:00. I had just decided I had to find some decent excuse for still being at school when I realised there was a chemistry lab going on. I hurried to the lab building, where I had to get in a very long line of other students in order to go past the teachers and get my lab supplies and reactants one by one. A friend ended up in line two spaces behind me, so we chatted a bit as I texted my parents (on my current phone) that I was stuck in a chemistry lab. Dad was very upset because I didn't need to be taking chemistry again, and soon I was becoming rather irritated at this as well. I drew close to the front of the line as I continued texting my father about this, and I let the two people behind me cut in front to buy myself some time.

Dad decided he just wanted to actually talk about this instead of texting, so I left the lab building and somehow called him through the texting page. The phone said I was calling several people at once, though, including Phillip**, so I hung up and went through to call my dad the normal way. He finally bought my chemistry lab alibi, but I was still upset about having to take chemistry and so decided to myself I would skip the rest of it. Instead I remembered my laundry and went back to check on it.

Although I clearly recalled having changed enough loads I should have been down to the coloured clothes in the dryer, all I had were the whites in the washer. It was 18:00, so I was extremely upset and sure I really had to get home soon. I didn't want to wait another hour for the clothes to go through the dryer, so I just set them there, on top of several neatly-folded quilts and blankets that apparently stayed on the bottom of the drying machine. Then I imagined that the sports coach would notice in the morning, get upset, and track me down (which would have been simple because he knew the kinds of clothes I wore), so I pushed all of my clothes to the back and folded the uppermost blanket over the top, vowing to take care of this tomorrow.

*L.J. is my professor for my summer term class that let me go to Japan and China. Pretty sure I would have noticed him if he had ever come to my first high school.

**Phillip is a friend who went to that old high school and was famous in our group for his "five-and-a-half-pack." I last saw him working at Subway, and I don't think I actually have his phone number.

4 comments:

  1. Very strange XD I've just finished high school, and I'm already having dreams that I have to go back and re-do subjects.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah... I don't know how anyone could be inspired by this; I just wanted to share the make-out session inside the toilet XD

      Delete
    2. That was amazing. XD I'm surprised you of all people dreamt of it.

      Delete
    3. Not my usual fare, admittedly. I guess it just wasn't gooily romantic enough for my subconscious to avoid.

      Delete