Translate

Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Dream Journal #10

I think I put all of the parts in the right order.

16 Jun—17 Jun*

I was travelling on the grounds of the hospital where I volunteer. There I met a teacher of mine, with whom I chatted and followed into a restaurant, which was called Himalayas and served Thai food. I intended to sit down with my teacher, but he quickly got in a booth that was already seating three eating people, and there was no room. Slightly forlorn, I looked for a two-person table and sat down at one that was scooted far too close to an empty six-person table. A black waiter in his thirties served me and, seeing my state, made some friendly conversation with me, which I enjoyed.

I went underground (still on hospital grounds) and tried to discreetly make my way through a series of narrow passages with yellowish paint on the walls. Along these hallways were several room, a few of which I had to pass through to continue on. The rooms I passed were all nurses giving checkups or vaccinations to children. I had to stop in one of these rooms; it was so small I would have to jump over the nurse, patient, or sharps box to get out, and I didn't want to do that. I waited, but after the nurse was finished and put away the sharps box, a scanner (that had been in one wall, covered with glass like a fire extinguisher) swept over us with purple lights. The nurse crouched in the corner protecting the child, while I froze where I was, sure that the scanner was going to shoot me. But it receded back into the wall, glass sliding over it, and the nurse and child left. I took a quick mobile photo of the disclaimers on the glass (which concerned the lack of responsibility the hospital had for deaths it caused) because it was in Engrish, which I somehow knew to have been translated from Japanese.

From there, I slipped back into the hallway and followed it a while, and eventually it opened up into a very wide underground passage lined with concrete. Doctors and other staff were now walking to and fro, but I was no longer concerned with being caught and just followed the passageway until it led me aboveground. Coming out near the back patio area of Himalayas (and wondering why I didn't notice the opening earlier), I went onto a normal outdoor pathway, where I ran into my parents. Dad gave me a slip of paper that looked like a receipt, and I looked at the text, which had a list of guitar-playing keys/styles based on the guitarist's mood. Dad then pointed me to the top of the paper, which advertised the current video competition and invited people to make a free short film with the equipment.

The scene then changed to one of the short films. The main character became a man who looked like the Cake Boss, and he was pursuing a robin. An epic chase scene ensued, helped by the fact he was somehow doing this for the sake of justice. Finally he climbed up a tree where the robin was perched and came within reach of it. The robin then pecked at his head and proceeded to attack his hair with its beak (although the video effects on this part made it obvious the robin was attacking a mannequin, spliced with shots of the actor's face in pain). The scene switched to the main character at his house, explaining this event to his wife. She interrupted him at this point in the story and told him it was okay to just admit he was balding.

*I'm actually quite sure everything took place on the morning of the 17th, because I first woke up at 3:00 with no dream in my head.

2 comments:

  1. My favorite parts were the disclaimer on the purple scanner and the bit about the robin attacking a mannequin. Not to mention the 'real' reason the man was losing his hair. XD

    ReplyDelete