Translate

Friday, February 21, 2014

New Fan Fiction Idea #24

While it's a little hard to imagine doing a more traditional Phoenix Wright case in fan fiction form, it's still something I'd like to try.

Of course, I can't stray too far from my usual type of writing...

Working Title: The Tortured Turnabout

Fandom: Phoenix Wright/Ace Attorney

Genre Tags: Mystery/Horror?

Length: Multichapter

Protagonist: I'm not entirely sure yet if it's really Phoenix or Gumshoe. It might turn out to be pretty equally split between the two.

Other Main Characters: Maya, Maggey, and Edgeworth.

Antagonist: Spoiler! (The murderer. Edgeworth could also be considered an antagonist for at least part of it, I suppose, although he certainly wouldn't be "the bad guy.")

Setting: In the general Phoenix Wright-verse. The body is found in a botanical park in July. It always seems weird to try to squeeze fan fiction cases between those of canon, but this probably takes place in the middle of the third game or shortly after it (I think it may also have to be after Ace Attorney Investigations, but I haven't played that yet, so...). I might not make it that explicit, honestly.

Plot: A month after Gumshoe manages to escape a torture situation (location unrecorded in the haste; culprit masked but male and interested in utterly destroying Edgeworth's reputation), a corpse is found in the park. Maggey, who had recently gained employment at the park and appears to have been the only one there that night, is arrested before the corpse is found to have the exact same scars that Gumshoe obtained a month prior. Phoenix does his best to defend Maggey as the true location of death is found and the real culprit appears to be the torturer himself. Gumshoe does his best to be of assistance without breaking down from all of it.

Point of View: Alternating between first person (Phoenix) and third person, limited to Gumshoe.

I was pretty surprised that, unlike many of my other mini-ideas for Phoenix Wright cases, I actually got past the initial murder in my head-plotting... and then got all the way to the end. I still don't know all of the details, but this is an idea that could eventually happen if I want it to.

2 comments:

  1. Why am I not surprised that this involves Gumshoe being tortured?

    In all honesty, though, I think this'd be pretty cool to read, especially since it'd give me some familiarity with the typical layout of a Phoenix Wright case. (There are generally 5 to a game, yes?)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha... Yeah.

      We'll see if I ever get around to it.

      Four or five, although I've only played the first three games.

      Delete