Translate

Thursday, February 6, 2014

New Fan Fiction Idea #23

It seems like I haven't been so full of ideas recently, especially pertaining to fan fiction. It's probably a combination of switching main fandoms and the general lack of inspiration after writing an 80,000-word fan fiction in a month.

Working Title: Turnabout Escape

Fandom: Phoenix Wright/Ace Attorney

Genre Tags: Mystery/Horror or Suspense

Length: Multichapter, probably under 50k

Protagonist: Phoenix Wright.

Other Main Characters: Maya Fey, Miles Edgeworth, and Detective Gumshoe.

Antagonist: So far unknown. They're very mean, though.

Setting: Timewise, somewhere in the vicinity of the original trilogy. As far as place, most of the initial trouble and later investigation takes place in a small complex. At its centre is a heavily fortified room, square in layout (aside from the opening into the sink-and-toilet bathroom) and empty of all furniture but an ordinary domed ceiling light. The door is thick metal and opens by sliding when an appropriate signal comes from outside the room. Outside of the room is a labyrinthine, concentric series of empty hallways that lead to a thick-glass-lined exterior wall with no visible doors. The building is hidden in the woods but not far from a few villages.

Plot: The main characters are all more or less assaulted while going about their daily lives, and they all awake to find themselves trapped in the inner room. In the centre of the square is a knife and a piece of paper informing them that no one will be able to leave until one of them is dead. One way or the other, some of them make it out and set out to discover the one behind it all.

Point of View: First person (Phoenix).

The summary here isn't that great, but I'd hate to spoil the story.

I've been toying with the idea for a while without really considering it valid; first, they found a way out much too quickly; in the second version, they took far too much time doing nothing. At this point, I think I have a good idea for the timing and who gets out.

2 comments:

  1. I still don't know how you managed to write Ace Tribute so quickly. I just can't do that; I get too busy, or run out of inspiration, or get too desperate for reviews to keep going without them. DX I'm really impressed by your commitment.

    Switching main fandoms? Do you mean going from Hetalia to Phoenix Wright? Personally, I'm kind of teetering between Hetalia and Nancy Drew at the moment; I'm the most obsessed I've been with the latter fandom for a long time. Darn Tumblr.

    Sounds like your kind of story! That would definitely be angsty ... I'm curious to see how they'd get out of the first room, since I can't see any one of them killing another easily (though maybe, knowing you, Gumshoe would sacrifice himself) but if they spent too long in there deliberating, it'd be kind of a slow opening. I suppose they could wait until one of them died of thirst, but that'd leave the others quite weakened, and who knows if there's any water or food in this complex?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know either. "Commitment" probably isn't really the right word... That kind of implies that I employed some form of discipline or another, which I didn't. Maybe "obsession"?

      Yeah. Nothing wrong with being more enthusiastic over something else. Hetalia will always be in our hearts, or something.

      Well, the bathroom sink does provide potable water, so it's just an issue of starvation. And I will tell you that their way out isn't a homicide (nor is it breaking any walls down, &c.).

      Delete