Translate

Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Lee's Island, Part 8

(The first part of my first fan fiction can be found here.)

Part 8, in which the weary take to yelling a lot and villains aren't really that important.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"Lee, you awake?" TenTen whispered, peeking through the doorway. Lee was still sound asleep. "He's still sleeping like a log," TenTen said, exasperated. "What's the big deal?" Naruto asked. He cupped his hands over his mouth.
"Hey, Bushy Brow! Wake up!"
"Huh?" Lee sat up. He jumped down immediately. "What happened to Sakura?!"
"She was attacked by a leopard. She'll be okay, but we should bandage her up so that she doesn't get an infection," TenTen said.
"Okay. Here, we can use some of my bandages." Lee started to unravel the cloth around his left arm. Rock Lee unwound the bandage until his hand and half of his forearm, which were badly bruised and battered, were bare. "Let me handle her. I will set her on her bed." They handed Sakura over to Lee, who carried her up to her bed. He took his bandages and broke them apart as necessary to cover Sakura's wounds.
"Got them on. I will leave her on her bed to rest. In the meantime," he said, landing gently on the cabin floor, "I have another idea."
"Okay," TenTen replied, "I'll stay here and watch after Sakura." Lee headed off and TenTen stayed. Naruto tapped his foot. "Well? What am I supposed to do?!"
"Whatever. Just don't get yourself killed."
"Fine." Naruto walked off and entered the forest.
"Well, this is boring." Naruto was sitting against a tree. "There has to be something to do around here!" He groaned. "Hey! I know! I'll climb some trees the way Kakashi-Sensei taught me to!" Naruto made the Hitsuji sign with his hands. Soon, his feet were glowing with chakra. He set off onto the tree he was sitting against just moments earlier. He walked up the tree, not using his hands at all. He groaned.
"This isn't any fun either!" He lost his focus and tumbled down the tree trunk. Naruto rolled around, grasping his injured head.
"Oww!!"
"Almost done," Lee said, carving another section out of the wood. "Okay, that one's done. Hmm, I wonder if we will need a spoon?" He looked down at the recently made spatula, knife, spear, and double-pronged fork.
"Might as well." Lee grabbed another chunk of wood and began to whittle away.
TenTen looked down at Sakura.
"I hope you don't get an infection. We wouldn't know what to do." 
Sakura stirred.
"Huh? What's going on?"
"You were attacked by that leopard again. He clawed you pretty badly."
"Oh," Sakura said, looking at her arms. "Where did you get the bandages?"
"They're Lee's."
"Really? Huh."
After finally recovering from his head injury, Naruto headed back to camp. "Hey, Sakura! You okay?" He called, seeing Sakura sitting up.
"I guess."
"So where did Bushy Brow go to?" TenTen looked around. "I'm not sure," she said. Then Lee came through the brush with a load on his back.
"Hey, Lee! So what were you doing?"
"Take a look," said Rock Lee, setting his pack on the ground.
"All right. This should make cooking things a little easier. And speaking of which, I'm pretty hungry. Want me to get some fish?"
"Aw! But we had fish for breakfast!"
"Stop complaining, Naruto!" Sakura yelled.
"He has a point, though," TenTen said. "We've had nothing but fish for the whole time we've been here. I'm not sure what else there is, though."
"Mmm-hmm. See, Sakura! I was right!"
"Naruto!" Sakura whacked him. "Owowowowow!!" TenTen sighed. "Wait a second," Lee said. "What about the forest? We found some edible fruits there!"
"Yeah, edible fruits that taste like-"
"That's beside the point, Naruto. Anyway, there's probably some more edible fruit in the forest. Some that taste more... Appealing. Here, I'll get my scroll, and you two can go get some fruit for all of us. TenTen, you stay here."
"But Sakura," Lee said, "do you think I would make a better guard? I mean no offense to TenTen, but you are low on chakra, after all. The times Naruto and I left you two, you both were attacked and..." Lee trailed off.
"That is a good point," TenTen said. "Okay, Sakura, how about Naruto and I go find food and Lee stays with you?"
"Wait a minute! Are you guys saying Bushy Brow makes a better guard than me?! I wanna guard Sakura!"
"Well..." Sakura pondered as Lee and Naruto argued. "Ugh." TenTen said. All of this is giving me a headache, she thought.
"Okay, listen up!" Lee and Naruto stopped as TenTen continued. "Nobody gets any food until one of you backs down. So who's it going to be?" Naruto looked at Rock Lee and he looked back. "I'm not backing down! Believe it!"
"Okay, fine. Naruto, you can stay here. I will go." Naruto jumped around yelling. TenTen sighed.
"At least settle down first!" Naruto chuckled.
"Sorry, TenTen." Lee and TenTen headed for the forest.
"Okay, what should we look for, TenTen?" TenTen looked over Sakura's survival scroll. "Hmmm..." she said, looking at the descriptions of edible plants.
"Let's look for this one," she said, pointing at a paragraph. "It looks like it might be easy to spot." Lee read the description out loud. "An ivy with bright purple leaves. I have had those before!"
"Really? Do you know where you found the vines?"
"Eh, no, not really. I ate all that I found."
"Ugh. Okay, let's start looking."
"Naruto! One more word and you're out of here!" Sakura yelled.
"Okay, fine." Naruto stood watch over Sakura silently. Sakura closed her eyes. A breeze blew on her for a moment. Then she realized she was still in the hut. She jumped up. Naruto was nowhere to be seen. "Naruto?" she called. An eerie silence arose.
"Naruto!"
"I found it, TenTen!" Lee shouted.
"Coming!" TenTen walked up to the ivy that Lee had found. "Yep, that's it all right! So just peel off some of it, and we'll bring in to the cabin." Lee and TenTen gathered the ivy and headed back to camp.
"Guys? We found some food!" TenTen said, walking into the cabin. "Hey, Sakura? Where did Naruto go?"
"He disappeared." Lee and TenTen gasped. "What?!" TenTen said. "What happened?!"
"I just closed my eyes, I felt someone rush by, and when I opened my eyes, Naruto was gone." Sakura sighed.
"I wonder if it's that grass ninja again?" TenTen muttered. "Okay, guys," she said louder, "I'm going to go check and see if I can find Naruto. Lee, you make sure nobody attacks Sakura." Lee nodded.
"I'll see you later," TenTen said, securing her kunai pack to her leg.
"Bye, TenTen. Be careful."
"Hey! Let me outta here!" Naruto yelled.
"Shut up!" came a voice from outside the bag.
"And stop kicking me!" Naruto yelled even louder. "Oof!" Naruto grunted, falling on the ground. He heard his captivator scream. I'm busting out of here, he thought. He kicked and squirmed around. Suddenly, the top of the bag was sliced off.
"Huh?" Naruto looked up. "Hey, TenTen!"
"Come on, Naruto. You get back to camp. I'll take care of this guy." TenTen said.
"Okay, you got it! Believe it!" Naruto ran off towards camp.
"Well, if it isn't Mrs. Weaponmaker! It's finally time for revenge!"
"I don't think so!" TenTen said, forming hand signs.
"That won't work once I use my..." He paused to make hand signs, "Metal repel jutsu!"
"You think so?" TenTen responded. She jumped up in the air with her scrolls saying, "Rising Twin Dragons!" The grass ninja smirked. It'll never work, he thought. Suddenly, weapons were falling upon him.
"What? How could you do that?!"
"No problem. All I had to do was summon weapons made of something other than steel; in this case, wood." The grass ninja screamed, one last kunai falling on him, and TenTen walked off.

2 comments:

  1. The complete lack of transitions here confused me a lot. XD I'd think that we were outside with Lee and TenTen, and then suddenly we're in the tent with Naruto and Sakura, and then we're not.

    I remembered Lee eating all those leaves before they even brought it up. Truly a scene for the ages.

    His "captivator." XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pah, who needs transitions when you have edible technicolor plants?

      Yes, I had excellent word choice.

      Delete