Translate

Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Lee's Island, Part 1

This, my dear readers, is the beginning of the first fan fiction I ever wrote. Turn back while yet ye may, unless you really have the urge to be horrified.

Based on Naruto, Lee's Island was written entirely in Notepad and saved on disc. This was written while I was still watching the first series or so of Naruto and is not particularly accurate to the source material. I am not sure what age I was when I wrote this, but it was long before I had any idea I needed to give quotes their own paragraphs (I have been merciful and edited them to at least be readable).

Enjoy, should you find yourself brave enough to witness this madness.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
The high waves were gently rolling, but it didn't seem that way to Rock Lee. It seemed as if there was a great storm, causing the waves to crash violently. I guess that's what it feels like when you are trapped inside one of them.
After a harsh hour on the seas, he felt himself fall down onto hard rocks. If there wasn't a huge net of kelp around his head, his skull would have cracked open. All he could taste was sea grime and sand. That and all of the things that used to be in his stomach. He felt like he was about to die. Then he heard a strange noise that seemed to come from the bushes. He looked and saw something that made him open his eyes wide.
It was a leopard, its blood-colored eyes staring at the boy with a vengeant look. As hard as Lee tried, he couldn't get up. The leopard started to run towards him. With all of his effort he tried to get up. Just as the leopard almost got to him, he finally jumped up and sprinted as far as his legs would take him.
The leopard quickly changed direction, which could only be bad news for Lee. He kept running to who knows where while the big cat gained on him. He spotted a patch of trees and ran for it, hoping to lose the leopard inside. He started to slow, his legs tiring. He only had one choice. He stopped for a split second and flipped up his leg warmers. He removed the weights inside as fast as he could. He ran off again, much faster than the first time. The leopard froze, seeming confused. It stopped and ran off in another direction. Lee panted heavily, happy at another victory. Then he heard someone scream. Lee grabbed his weights, strapped them back on and ran towards the sound.
 The leopard was after someone else. He strained to see who it was, and gasped. Running from the deadly leopard was Sakura Haruno, a girl he was afraid he would never see again. He ran as fast as he could. She probably didn't notice him, as she was running for her life from the cat. She would normally attack with her kunai, but her kunai pack was not on her. So it was up to Rock Lee to save her.
He had almost caught up with the leopard when Sakura headed for the same trees that he had been to earlier. Then he knew what she would do. But he followed anyway, in case her jutsu were to fail. Sakura climbed up one of the trees and made three hand symbols. "Clone Jutsu!" she yelled. Instantly, three more Sakuras appeared. All four jumped down from the tree and ran towards the leopard. Lee watched silently as the big cat took a beating and ran away. All of the clones fused to make one Sakura. She was leaning on her knees panting. Sakura looked up and saw the boy. "Lee? You're here, too?"         
    "Uh-huh. How did you get here?"
    "I was on my mission. We were on our way to the Sand Village when we were ambushed by some really strong Jonin that sent us into the water. Next thing I know, I'm in this weird place and some freaky leopard tries to kill me. How about you?"
    "I am not really sure."
    "Well, if anyone else on your team shows up, they could probably tell us." 
    "Where are we anyway?" They looked around. "It looks like an island to me. We should probably find enough food to last us until we can figure out a way to get out of here," Sakura said. "I think I see someone!" Lee said. And when Sakura looked, she also saw it. It was a figure of a person, but neither Lee nor Sakura knew who it was. "I will see who it is." Lee said. He ran, fast as lightning, to the figure. When he got there, he saw a girl, about his age. She appeared to be a ninja, mostly because of the kunai pack on her leg. Lee picked her up and ran her over to Sakura. 
    "Well, what do you know? It is one of your teammates!" 
TenTen woke up. "Lee? Is that you?" she asked, mumbling her words.
    "Uh-huh."
    "Well, it's good to see a familiar face. Where are we?"
    "I am not sure. I think we are on an island."
    "Is that Sakura with you?" She said, slowly sitting up.
    "Uh-huh."
    "Oh, man, I bet my scrolls are all wet." TenTen opened a pack on one of her legs and took out two thouroughly soaked scrolls. "Darn it! And that's my main jutsu." "Wow. Your main jutsu was ruined? Yikes!" Sakura said. "I'd hate for that to happen to me."
    "You said it."
    "Hey, TenTen, what happened, anyway? I do not really remember."
    "Hmm, oh, yeah. We were on a mission at the shore of the Waterfall Village. It was a brutal battle against about five Jonin. We eventually got pushed into the water, but it was only knee-deep and we kept fighting. Neji had just finished off one of the Jonin, and you had taken down another two, when one of the remaining ones did a complicated jutsu with a lot of hand signs," she said, getting up on her knees. "All of a sudden, the water was over our heads and weird currents were choking us. You managed to drag us out, but the tide followed, and we were sucked in forcibly. All three of us. Guy Sensei probably took them down afterwards, but he apparently didn't find us and so here we are. I wonder if Neji will show up, too?"
    "Huh. I wonder why I do not remember any of this?"
    "You don't? Maybe you got hit on the head on the way here. So what do we do now?"  Everyone thought silently for a moment until Sakura said, "We should probably build some shelter and find food."
    "So how do we do it?"
    "Lee, you see if you can find some big leaves."
    "Yes, Sir! Er, I mean Ma'am!" and with that, he ran off into the forest.
    "TenTen, do you think you could kunai some fish for us to eat?" TenTen pulled out a kunai and said, "Sure thing." She went out to the shore and started throwing kunai at fish. An instant later, Rock Lee appeared with twelve leaves as big as him.
    "Are these okay, Sakura?" Sakura looked at them for a second before saying, "Yeah, those will do. While TenTen gets some fish for us, how about we get some logs and build some sort of a hut?" 
    "Sounds good to me." And with that, Rock Lee and Sakura Haruno ran into the forest looking for some quality trees. 
"Found one!" Lee called to Sakura. She ran to where he was standing, next to a thick tree. "But how will we cut it down?" Sakura asked. 
    "Do not worry about a thing. I have got it. Watch this." He backed up a little ways and flipped up one of his leg warmers. He removed a weight and threw it at the tree. It sliced clear through and also through the thin tree behind it. Sakura stood, dumbfounded, with her jaw dropped wide when she said, "Wow."
    "Be right back." Lee ran to where his weight was and strapped it back onto his leg. He then picked up the two fallen trees and ran back to Sakura. "Do you think this could cover it?" he said. 
    "Yeah, if we could chop it up. I know! Let's ask TenTen if we can use some kunai for it. Let's go!" Lee and Sakura walked back to the shore where they last left TenTen. 
When they got there, TenTen was crouched over a fire, a grid of sticks above it holding nine fish. "Hey guys!" she said. "I'm just cooking the fish I caught. They're almost ready!" Hearing his stomach growl, Lee said, "Does not sound bad to me..." Sakura laughed.
    "You said it!"
    "Hey, Sakura? Can you help we with skinning them?"
    "Sure." TenTen and Sakura skinned the fish while Lee started to prepare their shack while there was some firelight to guide him. 
    "Alright, Lee! The fish are ready!" TenTen called. 
    "All right!!" Lee said in response, running to the spot where the fire was. 
    "Just keep in mind,"TenTen said, "that we don't have any spices or anything, so it might not taste-" She stopped, seeing Lee finishing his second fish and laughed. "I guess you're pretty hungry, huh, Lee?" She laughed again. 
    "Just be sure you leave some for us!" Sakura chimed. Lee bore a wide grin before starting on his third fish. When the three were almost finished, they heard a loud groan. 
    "What was that?" Sakura asked. 
    "I do not know," Lee said. "Would you like me to check?" 
    "Go ahead. We'll be right here." And so Lee sprinted to the source of the sound. When he got there, he was astonished. Another ninja from the Leaf Village lay on the shore. It was Naruto Uzumaki. 
He let out another pained groan. 
    "Naruto?" Lee said. 
    "Bushy Brow?" Naruto muttered. 
    "One second," Lee said. "I will run you over to the others."
    "Wha?" And Lee took off.

5 comments:

  1. Even as a little kid, you wrote FanFiction about anime characters being trapped on islands. XD

    This was quite entertaining to read. It's actually a lot better than the mess I was expecting. I was thinking about putting one of my early FanFics up, but the oldest one I can think of (that I still have) has the first page page torn out of it and I don't know if you know the fandom it was for, anyway (the Magic Tree House series).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I suppose I did.

      The plot's more of a mess than the actual writing, I think. I only found part of this on CD, so I may not have the ending (which was terrible anyway and would be just as satisfying if I briefly paraphrased it).

      I love that series! My dad made me stop reading them a few years ago...

      Delete
    2. I found the MTH FanFiction! It was in one of my mom's keepsake drawers. I found the front page, too. I might post some of it if you're interested, then! :)

      Delete
    3. All right, I'll PM it to you sometime (I don't particularly want it floating around the internet XD)

      Delete