Translate

Friday, September 13, 2013

New Fan Fiction Idea #18

One day I read a fan fiction with this concept, but I was iffy about how it was executed. The idea also intrigued me enough to want more than a oneshot, so why not write it myself? If I can get permission from the original author, of course. And if I can find the time.

Working Title: Eat Your Heart Out or, if I really feel like it, Can't Escape from Italy

Fandom: Hetalia: Axis Powers

Length: Multichapter

Genre Tags: Horror, and either Drama or General

Protagonist: Undecided. Could be England, Japan, Cuba, or someone completely different.

Other Main Characters: See Protagonist. There may not even be any one "good guy" of focus; in my head, I've only seen movie-type clips starring different characters.

Antagonist: Insane!Italy. By the time the story starts, both his madness and his power have risen to the point he's only recognisable by appearance. Even then, it's a bit hard to see the resemblance with a bloodstained grin perhaps permanently on his face.

Plot: Completely broken after an extremely devastating war and the death of his brother, Italy turns to an old legend to prevent himself and his people from being decimated again. As the legend goes, a nation who eats the heart of another nation gains the victim's land and power. Italy, with Germany's help, first takes the heart of the nation most closely responsible for his brother's death and learns that the legend skipped over the imbalance of mind such an act caused. He continues his feast, eventually taking Germany's heart when Italy no longer needs his help, and the other nations remaining struggle to counter the new threat. With their own lives very much at stake and many wounds from the war not yet healed, it won't be an easy task.

Setting: Post-apocalyptic (or at any rate severely war-damaged) Earth, not terribly far in the future.

Point of View: Third-person of some variety.

6 comments:

  1. As mind-blowingly disturbing as this sounds ... I actually really want to read it. XD Out of curiosity, what was the name of the fic that originally had this concept?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does sound terribly fun to work with.

      I really can't remember, which is why I didn't quite reference it. It may have just been "Insanity" or something.

      Delete
    2. It'll be kind of fun to see Italy completely lose it and betray Germany (gosh, I'm turning into you). I'm also curious as to who Italy's first victim (the one responsible for Romano's death) is.

      Delete
    3. Also, have you heard the Vocaloid song Evil Food Eater Conchita? Because this is what it's reminding me of...

      Delete
    4. Originally, I think the first victim was France. I may change that.

      No, I haven't heart any Vocaloid songs.

      Delete
    5. Oh, poor France! D: I'm sure I'll feel that way about any victim, though.

      Well, to make a long story short, it involves cannibalism, so yeah...

      Delete