Translate

Monday, September 9, 2013

Dream Journal #14

I woke up early, tried to repeat this to myself, and went back to sleep. The details suffered, but oh well.

3 Aug—4 Aug

I was in a large arena, probably a basketball one, although not one I knew. The halls were all empty, blank, and dark-walled, and few of the lights on since the arena was closed. I had snuck in to steal a petri dish from one room in the arena that looked my Genetics lab room. I got into the lab, but in the Histology room just behind it was Dr. Phelps*, working on some sort of experiment. He was very excited about what he was doing and didn't see me, but I still lay down behind one of the lab tables for a while. I could somehow see his reflection in the wood, although the Histology lab was on the other side of the room. Finally he looked away long enough, so I swiped the petri dish from the counter and hurried back out. I had to go upstairs to get out, but luckily there was roof construction, so I could get in a lift.

In another, similar room, I met up with another teacher. He was bald, wore a white lab coat, and was someone I apparently knew from school. He was preparing for some sort of party/exhibition, so he pointed me to a few piles of pinky-size action figures and asked me to link them together. All of the figures had magnetic hands, so I started putting them in a line for each group. The first group was all superheroes. I got overly excited when I saw he had some Ben 10 figures.

At some point, I had to use the bathroom, so I snuck out of the room. A three-stalled bathroom was right outside, with two more closed doors leading outside. All of the walls were a plain white, and everything was clean. I settled down in one of the stalls, but, when I came out, Molly** and two others were standing in the open area of the bathroom chatting. For some reason I had stepped out without covering myself, so the girls immediately took out their phones and started taking pictures of my rear end. I chased them out, though not without finding out this was actually the bathroom that connected to their shared dorm room.

I went back to the second teacher's room, where I realised I had accidentally started putting the action figures down the sink. I started pulling them out carefully and, knowing that if I pull out the wrong one the rest would all fall in, I started picking out the unique figures (there were a lot of copies of the more popular superheroes). Then I realised I could just use their hands to link them, so I tried that and pulled out a long chain of them.

Later, I had finally escaped the arena, but someone had found out that I had killed one of the three girls with a weapon that looked like a giant, blue, disposable flosser. For this I was on the run.

* My Cell Biology teacher. He's not typically deadpan, but he was still a bit too cheerful in this dream.
**The residence assistant, she was one year older and lived in my dorm to keep an eye on us.

3 comments:

  1. Another wonderful dream. XD My favorite parts were the action figures linked together (especially the Ben 10 ones!) going down the sink, and the random murder at the end. I suppose it wouldn't be a Journey dream without one.

    Can't remember my dream, but I just found England's full Mawaru Chikyuu Rondo with English lyrics on YouTube!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The way you wrote that last line made me laugh. "Oops, killed a girl. Don't remember that, but I better run anyways. Oh well!"
    Mim

    ReplyDelete