Translate

Saturday, September 21, 2013

Updates Left, Right, and Centre

Is my update pace reasonable?

Most mini-guides I've seen in articles recommend updating at least once a week. That's certainly too slow for meeven when I wait three days for an update, readership drops dramatically.

That being said, I'd hate to feel like I'm pummelling you all with my ideas. I realise you have things to do other than read my ramblings, so let me know if you want me to cut the pace to, say, every other day by default (and, as always, a bit longer if the latest post receives no comments).

Or, if you don't mind either way, let me know that. Are the updates at good times of day? I always schedule them, so I can post anytime. I'm not going to try posting twice a day or anything, but I'll keep up a post-a-day pace if you'd like me to do so.

4 comments:

  1. The updates are fast enough to get me checking about every day. But more updates would probably be a bit much.
    Mim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you talking about your FanFic updates or your blog updates? One of many things I've always admired about your writing is how quickly you update without sacrificing quality. I think you have an excellent update pace for stories, even if you sometimes go on hiatus. As for this blog, it's sometimes slightly overwhelming since I'm in university, but I think it's a good pace to keep readers interested.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Half of it's probably the smaller chapters, but I do like to keep the engine cranking out stuff.

      I think I may go ahead and drop this to every other day if it gets overwhelming for you, since you're my most... active? loyal? something like that? reader. It shouldn't make a terribly big impact.

      I'll PM you Break Out stuff in a minute.

      Delete
  3. Oh, and speaking of updates, do you think I could start the next chapter of Break Out (if you don't want to?) Could you PM me some stuff about it?

    ReplyDelete