Translate

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

New Fiction Idea #7

The other night, my friends and I were sharing weird dreams we and others have had. I had the impression one of them could turn into something quite interesting—and since Chemists originally came from a dream, I figured this could use some writing down as well.

Title: Entrapped (could be changed)

Genre: Steampunk/Science Fiction

Protagonist: Sophia, a hard-of-hearing 17-year-old with long, brown hair. She's easily intimidated but has the power to pull through if she so desires.

Other Main Characters: Edwin, an 18-year-old with short, scruffy hair under a hat. He's rather impressive in stature but isn't that intelligent and tends to pick fights he can't win.
There could be a larger group.

Antagonist: Spoiler/not entirely determined. The environment is also a rather big obstacle.

Setting: An impossibly large, ornate structure that, when viewed from outside, looks like a birdcage. Inside this structure are several levels. Each level has a distinct horror, but if the obstacle is conquered, those entrapped can pass down to the next level. At the bottom level is an unlocked door to the outside world.

Plot: Sophia and Edwin, who had spent years in the cage, struggle to escape in hopes of safety and finding their families.

Point of View: Third person, probably omniscient.

In the original dream, the passages between levels were strange fireman poles, and two of the levels were a John Wayne movie and a zombie apocalypse. Not sure if I'm putting in any of that.

2 comments:

  1. Wheew, sounds epic! (I just noticed that I start basically all my posts here off with 'sounds x.' I swear I didn't intend to sound redundant; I guess it' just how I write. XD) That would make an amazing arena idea or something.

    You know, I'm always struck by how distinct and non-Mary-Sueish these original characters you think up here sound. Just from these little descriptions, I feel like they're already quite rounded characters, and they have realistic flaws and strengths.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!

      Well, the girl who told me this dream was hard-of-hearing, so that part is a nod to her. What I put for the two here is honestly all I had thought about them, since this story is so early in the planning process, but I'm glad they sound more structured. ^^;

      Delete