Translate

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

New Manga Idea #3

I started this a long time ago, before I could draw, and had a friend do the art for me. We've since parted ways, and I feel like I've lost too much of the story to really reclaim it, but it's worth mentioning.

Title: Countdown (or C0un7d0wn)

Genre: Undecided, likely shounen

Protagonist: Shil, a redheaded 16-year-old with half-green, half-purple eyes. He's rather good-natured and likes playing the hero. He has the ability to see how long everyone has to live in the form of a digital clock-type display over their heads. The clock shows their natural life span unless an impending threat to their life arrives.

Other Main Characters: Frass, a crabby 16-year-old with spiky blue hair. He's a childhood friend of Shil.
Keed, a brunette 17-year-old who keeps his mid-length hair in a ponytail. He's a bit of a jokester and incredibly (magically, I assume) strong. He also lives in a glass house, but I don't remember why.
Tulip, a 16-year-old with bra-length blonde hair. She's feisty but warms up to people easily enough. She can telepathically control a length of cloth that can only be cut by the blade of a death god.
Karin, a wheelchair-bound 17-year-old with black hair in a low ponytail. She's sweet but quiet around strangers. She and Keed eventually fall in love.

Antagonists: I have completely forgotten, or I may have never determined any.

Setting: A modern-day fantastic universe.

Plot: Shil struggles to save the world one person at a time while keeping up with school and friends. Eventually (I don't recall how) he and his friends start mixing with the bad guys and death gods. In this struggle, he finally finds out the origin of his powers (spoiler: his mother is a death god).

I definitely need to develop it more if I plan to go anywhere with it. At this point I don't.

2 comments:

  1. It's too bad that you've forgotten so much about it, but hey, that's life. I can't even count the number of story ideas I've given up on. Granted, most of them were complete rip-offs of over stories, so I'm rather glad to be rid of them. XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, lovely.

      Now that you mention it, I had one I started writing before deciding it sounded like a rip-off of X-Men (even though I had watched all of one movie of it). I might post it here at some point.

      Delete