Translate

Monday, January 7, 2013

New Manga Idea #2

So, I was struck with this idea suddenly, but I'm not going to use it because it's too much research and should be left to someone who's not an advocate of teetotaling.


Title: Have a Drink on Me (could definitely be changed) 

Main Characters: Personifications of various types of alcohol, including:
Wine, a lean woman with very shiny black hair that usually wears a small but stylish dress. She can be quite a snob, especially towards Beer, but she does have a kinder side.
Beer, a big-boned frat boy with curly, blonde hair. He's huge on sports, especially American football, and considers himself the manliest of his group.
Vodka, a teenage girl who likes to dress in bright colours and is generally very sweet. She also likes to hack things (and if unrestrained, people) to pieces with a large axe.
Ale, a young man with dark blonde hair he keeps at a medium length. He's the most normal of the group, though he can definitely be mean when he wants to.
Rum, who is basically the pirate from Dodgeball with dark hair. He's totally crushing on Coke (if the series is expanded to include soft drinks).
Tequila, a Latino woman with dark hair she keeps long. She's usually in a black bikini and is quite a flirt.
Gin, a brown-haired girl who's a bit squirrelly and hates to be alone. She usually clings to Tonic.

Setting: Modern times, in various parts of the world.

Plot: None foreseen. I'm imagining it Hetalia-style. Them fighting and making up (or not). Going to sports games, swanky bars, and what have you. Yeah.

Obviously should be done by someone with more knowledge of alcohol. Please don't use this as an excuse to drink for research, though, haha.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds funny and very Hetalia-ish. Your personifications make a lot of sense (well, as far as I know; I've never drank). XD I remember when I was doing chemistry, I thought about personifying all the elements of the periodic table, but gave it up because they have too many relationships with all the different reactions and whatnot. But I was going to call it Alkali Metals: Hopeless Potassium!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, I've wanted to do that, too! It was going to be a high school environment thing, though, so I gave up almost immediately. I do remember I had two girls that insisted on going by "Jen," so the others distinguished between them by calling one "Aussie Jen" (guess her nationality) and the other "Nitro Jen" (guess her interests). I can't remember anything else of it, though.

      Delete