Translate

Thursday, February 14, 2013

New Fan Fiction Idea #1

While I normally put short synopses of fan fiction ideas on my fan fiction profile, I figured it wouldn't hurt to put some up in more detail here. Also, there can be some ideas that hit me but disappear from mind by the next time I update my profile (like this one has done frequently).

Title: Weird New World (could be changed)

Fandom: Hetalia: Axis Powers

Genre Tags: Fantasy/not sure what else. Probably Humour, but possibly Friendship or Adventure.

Length: Multichapter

Protagonist: England

Other Main Characters: America, Romania, Norway, Sealand... It'll probably be an ensemble-type thing.

Antagonist: Unknown. There will likely be friction within the group, but that alone would be a rather boring driving force.

Setting: Modern-day earth on the macro scale. A university-like campus cut off from the outside world on a smaller scale.

Plot: Everything is normal, blah, blah, blah. Then out of nowhere a glittering wave encompasses the earth, and all normal laws of physics and such are moot. At the same time, England's magic suddenly has a 100% success rate (as do other experienced casters') and requires no incantation. After a random nation (Estonia originally, though I'll probably change my mind) dies for no reason, the magicians among them work together to make a safe place for the others to gather where normality is restored. To combat the chaos in the rest of the world, however, the magic-users decide to acquaint the others with spells to bring the rest of earth (and the solar system?) into normality, but the classes don't go smoothly.

Point of View: Third person, limited to various characters at different times but mostly England.

So I haven't really worked on this one much since it first popped into my head, but at least it now seems to have some sort of plot beyond the establishment of the school. I still have no idea where to go as far as reasons for the wave/antagonists go. It feels like it could be a lot of fun if I get to it, though.

3 comments:

  1. Do you just like torturing meFebruary 14, 2013 at 9:54 AM

    Ooh, I like the idea of this one very much. I'm always interested in new Hetalia ensemble adventure-type things from you, Journey. But why Estonia? D:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have no idea why Estonia, paha. That's just what happened. Maybe I'll do some micronation or OC nation instead.

      Delete
    2. Haha.

      I'm actually starting to think I'm going to kill Germany... I don't know why.

      Delete