Translate

Thursday, November 21, 2013

Yet Another Prioritising Special

Another 20 new fiction ideas have come, so here's the special.

Top of the List:
These are stories that I really want to write (or at least plot out/world-build, etc.) as soon as humanly possible.
  1. Piracy Cruise Lines (have begun writing, but barely)
  2. I'm with the Band (sounds terribly fun if I can decide on an adventure/enemy; actually started writing but got distracted by finding the perfect format for chapter numbers)
  3. Blood, Brain, Body (it's just fun and epic, for lack of a better term)
  4. Roughhouse (after the writing prompt, I'm really starting to appreciate these characters, and I love a good fight or two)
  5. Contestant Zero (game shows are overdone, but this just seems like a lovely fiction to work with)
Almost Top of the List:
These are stories that really interest me but aren't yet demanding to be written.
  1. Dead Man's Hand (it really seems interesting; it just doesn't particularly speak to me)
  2. Bloom (the plot is hazy at best, but I do like this one)
  3. Four Walls (mostly turned off by the research I'd have to do and the overall seriousness; the worldbuilding also needs adjustment)
  4. Figments (I like the story, and the main character, although I'm really not sure that this could end up novel-length)
  5. New Fiction Idea #33 (I love the characters, but the plot just doesn't want to cooperate)
In the Middle:
These are stories I may or may not write, depending on whether some discovery about the story suddenly makes it more appealing.
  1. Portalmancy (I love the magic system and I think the story could work overall; not sure why I don't like it more)
  2. Dynblaidd (it seems like it could be cool, although I'm still not sure about the basic worldbuilding)
  3. The Piper (not sure about the ambiguous time period or main mystery, but it could still work out)
  4. Storm Clouds Rise (it's interesting, but the plot isn't clear and it's too easy to see as racist)
  5. New Fiction Idea #27 (it's okay, and I feel like Cayman's organisation is pretty original, but I'm really not feeling attached to it at this point)
Just Meh:
These are stories that really don't particularly appeal to me yet. I may not feel capable of handling the material or style, or it was just a passing whimsy I wanted to note.
  1. A Job to Do (the emotions in it would be fun to write, and the world may be cool, but it just isn't calling to me, and it doesn't seem terribly original)
  2. Home By the Sea (just isn't as appealing as I originally wanted)
  3. The Adventures of Donny Quigley from Smudgen, Kansas (Could be kind of fun, but long and not quite silly enough to sustain)
  4. Check (the original concept was kind of fun, but it just doesn't interest me)
  5. New Fiction Idea #34 (way too close to the source material to seem original)
What do you think? Disappointed or encouraged? Had a different list of what you wanted to see first?

I may try to splice this with my previous prioritising post if anyone's interested.

2 comments:

  1. Looks good to me!

    Also, I had a dream last night that, in the next chapter of TLWR, Arthur had a revelation that he was the heir to some famous artist who had put up modern art statues all over Texas, and since he was now rich, Belle could properly fall in love with him. It was also revealed that he'd designed my elementary school's gym. XD

    ReplyDelete