Translate

Saturday, November 23, 2013

No One's Really Sure What Became of Waldo

(Title from the "Hot for Teacher" music video.)

So, what's the point of coming to love my characters or story ideas here if you never get to find out what happened to them? I've decided to post an update of what (little) progress I've made with these.

Most have been untouched, unfortunately. There's just not enough time to toy with them.

The stories that have at least been elaborated upon in my mind:


The stories that have received extra attention through prompts: New Fiction Idea #27 (Promptness), Roughhouse (Prompt Writing #3), Bloom (Prompt Writing #4), Macbay Transportation Services (Prompt Writing #2)

The stories that have begun:


The stories that have made serious progress: Mayflies (14,872 words), The Long and Winding Road (107,529 words; 90,286 words in original fiction version)

It feels slow, but it's at least nice to know I have been going somewhere with some of these. What kind of progress do you expect—for me, or yourself?

3 comments:

  1. Well, as for special, I'm trying to email it to you, complete with old critiques!
    Mim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Honestly I'm impressed with how much you've done. I rarely ever get to my story ideas, let alone as many as you are at a time. You're a lot more committed than I am, though I guess that's apparent by the length of the Brutal Series!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, yeah, it's mostly because I like to focus on one, but I have no focus, so I'll procrastinate by dabbling in the other stories.

      Delete