Translate

Friday, October 18, 2013

Prioritising a Lower Priority

Since I've reached 20 New Fan Fiction Ideas, I thought I might as well try another one of these specials ordering those ideas.

Top of the List:
These are stories that I want to write (or at least plot out) once I find enough time left over from my original fictions.
  1. The Bard Games (I promise I will do this once I've established a solid character list, although I'm going to need to do more reading for that)
  2. Eat Your Heart Out (it has already kept me up nights plotting; as long as I can find the original fan fiction and get permission to use the premise, this will happen eventually)
  3. Never-Ending Girls' Alliance (short, sweet, and to the point, and a break from all the Hetalia fan fiction)
  4. "England Ruins America's Life Forever" (short enough not to worry much about, but hilarious; why haven't I written this one yet?)
  5. The Loony Bin (tentative due to my lack of psychological knowledge, but this has certainly kept me up nights)
Almost Top of the List:
These are stories that interest me but aren't yet demanding to be written.
  1. Weird New World (still not sure where it's heading, but I would like to play with it eventually; it also seems like one of the more popular fan fiction ideas)
  2. My Cup of Tea (I'm not sure how it's going to go, but a main role for pirate!England definitely boosts it up the list)
  3. Send Me an Angel (while it's more of a shipping and humour fic, I really do feel like I could have some fun with it)
  4. Disaster (could be fun for establishing headcanons and writing all the gory details, but it works with some pretty sensitive material)
  5. When Fangirls Attack (it seems like it would be hilarious, but I'm not sure how many would be laughing with me)
In the Middle:
These are stories I may or may not write, depending on whether some discovery about the story suddenly makes it more appealing.
  1. What Would You Do (while I love the idea and have already hacked out a beginning, I just can't figure out how most of it works)
  2. "My Name is Aragon" (I might have to do actual research, but I at least know the general story)
  3. "Chibi Rental Services" (it's just a bunch of cutesy stuff, so I'm really not sure yet)
  4. Past and Future (don't know where it's going nor where it's been)
  5. "The Drinking Contest" (so short it doesn't draw me much, but it would be easy to write)
Just Meh:
These are stories that really don't particularly appeal to me. I may not plan on writing these at all, or I would really rather just read it.
  1. Operatics (it sounds funny, but it might be a lot of trouble to put together for a cheap, comedic payoff)
  2. This, That, and Rock and Roll (it really does interest me, but it's just not the type of story I would write)
  3. +Anima (haven't done a retelling before, and I'm afraid it would bore me even when I love both of the series in the crossover)
  4. Skates (I really don't plan on doing this, but it's still more attractive than the last on the list)
  5. The Runaways (has a strange premise and nothing particularly interesting going on)
What do you think? Disappointed or encouraged? Had a different list of what you wanted to see first?

2 comments:

  1. The list sits pretty well with me. I'd personally have liked to see What Would You Do and Disaster a bit higher, but they're your stories, not mine. The Bard Games is one I'm really excited for (I don't think anyone's done a Hunger Games/Shakespeare crossover yet), The Loony Bin sounds quite cool, and Eat Your Heart Out I find disturbingly intriguing. XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I kind of want WWYD to be higher myself, but it won't cooperate.

      Glad you like them. I actually may be considering an original fic spinoff of EYHO, but we'll see.

      Delete