Translate

Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Fragments VII

And so the many instalments continue.

  • A short story based on a ticket giver at the front of a pay-to-park car park, focusing on the glimpses into lives he sees
  • A fantasy world where the main magical creatures are (appropriately) deemed They That Swim, They That Burrow, and They That Fly
  • Time travel
  • "Wicked prophets kill by speaking his name" (from "One More" by Journey)
  • An underground/cave setting
  • A character named Billy Rubin
  • "Boy, that was fun, being left in the trunk." (overhead in my area of residence)
  • A character named Cupric
  • Something mystical or whimsical dealing with the timbre skeletons of houses under construction
  • A fantastical equivalent of a dog show
  • "Death moves in with you as your roommate. You can ask Death to kill anyone. But Death will rarely do any work. He is very eccentric. He will listen to heavy metal extremely loud at the most random of times." (seen on a website)

2 comments:

  1. Sorry for taking a while to respond! I like the ticket giver one, the "They That X" one (makes me think of medieval bestiaries, which I'm really interested in, history nerd that I am), and the one about timbre skeletons of houses the best. The last one I mentioned makes me think of when my sister and I were little and my dad would take us through half-constructed houses when no workers were around to show us how they were made. That was really fun. The last one, about Death, sounds fun, but it might be a little too similar to Death Note.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No worries; I took even longer to respond! Haha...

    Yeah, my aunt and uncle are building a new house, and I was surprised how inspiring (albeit unspecifically) walking around the timbers was.

    Hmm, I hadn't thought about that with Death. We'll see if any other ideas mix with this to make it more original.

    ReplyDelete