Translate

Friday, March 1, 2013

Dream Journal #1

Well, here's the first post of my most peculiar dreams. I was going to begin with an old dream, but I had a dream recently enough to star it now. It took longer than I thought to write this down this morningI had to rush through breakfastso we'll have to see if I can keep this up for other dreams.

Also, as much as I love formatting these things in a nice profile, it really doesn't work with dreams, so I will march onward with much disorganisation.

26 Feb27 Feb

It was some sort of prom, if not at my high school, then at least with many of my high school friends. The lighting was dim, but there was enough light to chat with people. Melody* just knew I was going to get prom queen, but I insisted that she (wearing a silky, royal blue dress a bit like the purple version I actually wore to a prom) was a lot prettier than me.

For the announcement, we were all gathered in this wide, smooth-beige-floored (either marble, granite, or some dreamy mishmash of them both) room bathed in sunlight. Between columns of the same material at the edges of the room were large windows, and where the wall met the floor was a uniform raised step wide enough for most of us to sit on. As they announced some of the other awards (I don't recall what exactly, though I don't think any were really prom-based, nor was there a prom king), I was gritting my teeth so hard my lower left canine loosened. Someone else got prom queen, and I left, self-consciously prodding at the tooth with my tongue.

The next thing I knew, that tooth and two more (one of which was tooth-coloured but shaped more like a small wood chip) fell out. Clutching them in my hand protectively, I hurried through the maze of offices in which I had somehow found myself. The carpet was a forest green, with a lot of hallway stretching between large offices with glass walls, at least each wall that contacted the hallway. Dr. Patton** and some other professor were chatting in the hallway, and I felt terrible about not saying anything to them, but I was panicking about the lost teeth and managed to hurry past them (neither paid any attention to me).

I ended up going through more hallways as I entered the healthcare section of the school. First there were a bunch of (normal-sized) offices for veterinarians, including one with Mrs. Webster***, but then I reached the back door to a medical waiting room with a few people waiting in chairs. I told the receptionist (she was umbre, which was a bit odd since none of my medical waiting room receptionists have been such) about my tooth problem, and she said she'd call me (not on the phone) when a doctor was ready.

I went off elsewhere, still freaking out, and my mother texted me to see if I wanted to go out to a certain restaurant (I don't think it was a real one) to eat with her. I looked up where the place was on Apple Maps and agreed. Thinking my lost teeth could really mess this up, I went back to the receptionist and asked if I had been called yet. I hadn't, and since no one else was in line to talk to her, I asked how expensive this treatment would be and how long it would take. She said they would get prints from my mouth and make new teeth (which I thought strange since I still had the old ones), and that it wouldn't take more than three hours. This was a relief since dinnertime was farther off than three hours. I was, however, upset about losing all of that time to study.

*Melody was the quiet girl of the school. She was pretty and I believe received an award for her dedication to physical fitness, but she would not talk. She did smile. I didn't know her well, nor did I have many non-gym classes with her.

**Dr. Patton is not from the same school. I found nothing wrong with this, of course.

***Mrs. Webster was from the high school, with an office similar to the others in that particular hallway. She wasn't actually a teacher, but she did have a dog in her office (Nick), whom I often visited. Probably why she was in the veterinarian section (I hope Nick was okay!).

It should probably be noted that I put in my lower retainer for the first time in a while that night. Didn't wake up with loose teeth, though.

4 comments:

  1. This was brilliant! XD Probably my favorite part was how one of your teeth was a wood chip. That's the kind of minor but odd thing that happens so frequently in dreams and nobody ever questions it.

    Were any of the teachers in that dream ones who made their way into Unsurvivable?

    Funnily enough, I had a dream a little while ago about you and your high school class gathering in some sort of gymnasium-type thing for an announcement. I was sort of there like a ghost, in that you couldn't see me but I could see you, and I was looking over all the girls to see which one was you. (Not that I have that clear an idea of what you look like, but whatever). And there was a banner on the wall that said the names of lots of girls from your class, and I kept finding all the names you used for your OCs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I mean, it was still a tooth, just a flat one, ha.

      No, none of the Unsurvivable teachers were there.

      Delete
    2. Can I make a guess as to what the Unsurvivable teachers taught you?

      I think Florry was chemistry (I wonder why), either Anissa or Zavann was biology or physics (I can't remember which side each othem took in which argument, though I'm leaning more towards Anissa as bio), Drius was English (since you said in the Fun Facts that he writes in his spare time), and I can't remember if Yana was a teacher or not, but since she says in her POV that she makes clay bowls, I'm guessing art.

      Delete
    3. You may, I suppose. ;)

      Florry: chemistry
      Anissa: biology
      Zavann: physics
      Drius: mathematics
      Yana: mathematics

      Delete