Translate

Sunday, March 31, 2013

Extra! Extra!

Read all about it!

So goes the cry of the traditional newspaper boy. That seems to have drawn enough attention in its own time to get some readers; unfortunately this isn't much of a venue these days.

I'm still trying to figure out just how I should go about advertising myself. I've passed out the blog link to real-life friends. I already had some sort of presence on fanfiction.net, and I've frequented some of the forums at NaNoWriMo and Forward Motion Writers. I know that some of the forums have gotten me attention here on Blogger (although my number one source of hits seems to be some site called vampirestats).

At the same time, few of those viewers turn into commenters, so I'm not sure how well it's really working. I also have a whopping number of official followers (zero), but it's obvious at least one person has kept up with everything.

The hits have been increasing, though, so I'm hopeful that's going to continue. At the same time, I feel like I should kick things up a notch, but how? I have no Facebook, and I feel like if I made one it would either be entirely ignored or under constant assault from university friends. I don't have a Twitter and, as a writer, I'm not too sure about the format and word restriction. Apparently everyone also goes to Pinterest now, but that seems to be a lot more image-oriented, which doesn't work well, especially when I have all of one cover design (and a debated one at that).

For now I guess I'll just keep updating posts and chatting in my forums (and I've also decided to comment on some DeviantArt works, with a link to the blog in my signature). If anyone knows a good networking site or anything else I could do to get some attention as I work towards publishing, I am definitely open to suggestions.

2 comments:

  1. Sorry, I don't think I can be of much help here. I was going to suggest advertising on DeviantArt, but it seems you've already done that. However, I do think that the target audience for a writer's blog would be people who have their own writers' blogs, so maybe you could start following someone else's, in hopes that they'd recpirocate?

    Also, I didn't realize it was possible to subscribe - but when you said you had no official followers, I noticed the link "follow by e-mail" and subscribed. This'll be a lot easier than coming every day to see if there's something new, haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a good idea. I've seen some blog links in NaNoWriMo signatures (like my own!), so that might be a good place to start.

      Woo-hoo! (Although it still says I have no followers. Must be just those who Google follow or whatever.)

      Delete