Translate

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Dream Journal #2

I remember that I woke up from a dream about various Hetalia characters dealing with the same theme of sorts, but I proceeded to go back to sleep and forget about most of it. I did manage to have another dream (or two?) afterwards, though.

28 Feb01 March

Sealand somehow had come to have jurisdiction over two small islands of many islands close to the east coast of Australia. Sealand successfully convinced the micronations representing said islands to call him "senpai" and was very happy about that.

Next the scene changed (at no point do I remember being involved personally in the plot) to what I knew to be a corporate office. In reality, the lighting was dim, there were no desks or cubicles, and it gave much more of a skating rink feel than that of an office building. The first outstanding character was a standard jerk corporate leader, whom I shall refer to as Don. He was in a typical crisp suit, with dark hair, and looked somewhat like "Mayhem" from the insurance commercials.

Also entering the scene was a Mexican worker, whom I shall refer to as Juan. He wore a black hat (the popular kind, with a brim sort of obscured by a lump of fabric bulging out from the top section) and a dark blue uniform with his name (whatever it really was) written on the back in an arch of cursive, yellow letters.

Juan messed up some operation, likely involving a phone. Don picked up a corded phone, holding it upright so that the ear and mouth pieces faced in the same direction as him, and continued to hold it up as he explained his distaste for what Juan did. Don slammed the phone back in its holder.

All of the other workers were sure Juan was going to get fired, and they watched him go to the locker room area of the office. Here there were full-length lockers arranged in rows that alternated with wooden benches, simple ones with no back on which one could sit from either side. Opening his locker, Juan put up his hat as Don walked up behind him.

With a sneer, Don looked around at the other workers and asked some rhetorical question involving what Juan needed to put on his greasy hair. After an arrogant pause, Don answers himself with, "Oil." This sudden sign of approval (based on anointment or something?) shocked the other workers as Don slapped Juan on the back with a grin. Don had somehow figured out a way to make this into something that would look bad for a rival company.

At some point during this sequence, I was observing a plastic box full of fingernail-sized, white, sparkly, fluffy things. They looked like those little felt balls (pom-poms? I forget) and had googly eyes as well. For some reason we were snacking on them.

After Don's proclamation of success, there was a typical rubbish movie ending with a band singing. They were on a black stage, black curtains behind them, that was also a part of the office. The main singer was a fat woman with curly hair that was either red or auburn.

There was also a scene where I was on an escalator behind Grandma Shirley*, the both of us going down in an escalator area painted white. I explained to her the cities of origin of the characters from Macbay Transportation Services.

* My maternal grandmother, who's a rather typical grandmother and can be silly. Her birthday was recent.

3 comments:

  1. Aww, good for Sealand! :D

    Oh, gosh, I loved the whole scene with the office workers, especially how "oil" was somehow this unexpected sign of approval. That's just classic dream nonsense, how something completely ridiculous not only makes sense, but becomes some sort of epic twist. XD I also love the way you write it as if it's an actual story or movie. It makes it far more entertaining.

    The poor little fluffy things! They sounded so cute! Were they alive when you were eating them? D:

    I loved "typical rubbish movie ending with a band singing." XD

    I remember that sometime after I first read Brutal (I can't remember if Horrible was finished or not) I had a dream that I was getting 'initiated' into the Hetalia fandom by jumping off a bridge thing made out of noodles into a pit of chicken noodle soup. I was also somehow Thew. All the nations were standing along the bridge cheering me on; the only one I can specifically remember being there was Sve. I jumped in and all the nations cheered and chanted "Canada, Canada!" I woke up feeling like I was the most awesome person in the world. Then it dawned on me how stupid it was.


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't recall the fluffy things moving, but I don't think I ever knew for sure whether they were alive or not.

      But you are the most awesome person in the world! D;

      Delete
    2. Aww, thank you! :3

      You are too!

      Delete