Translate

Monday, March 11, 2013

Dream Journal #3

Took very sparse notes on this one, but I'll try to put it all together.

4 March5 March

Near the beginning, I was with a large group, probably a lot of school fellows, walking somewhere. At some point we began to walk along inclined train tracks over gravel. This was completely fine with me, and I think they were based off some tracks on a concrete bridge I often see but always from a distance in the car. At one point in the walk, three of us got sort of separated (or at least stopped noticing everyone else), and the tracks split. One path continued straight and uphill, while the other slowly curved off. We tried to ask someone which path we were supposed to take, but no one would answer in time, so I led us up the straight path. Then we realised the crowd was going to the curved path, so we crossed the gravel and went in line with them.

At some point after this, the three of us were definitely alone. I'm not sure who the girl in the group was yet, but the other member was 80s-era Steve Perry. We made it to a certain point on the tracks where, less than a foot from the metal, the ground dropped off in a cliff. Not too far below, though, was the ground. It was flat, with concrete flooring, and several black-tablecloth-covered dinner tables. They were obviously part of some restaurant, and there were chairs around them as at a normal table, but no other people were around.

Now, Steve decided we had to jump down from where we stood on the tracks. I sort of knew this was the next step of the way to wherever we were going, but it looked like a really long way down, and I didn't want to risk it. To show me it was safe, Steve climbed down a little, gripping the rail as he swung himself over the edge. He informed me the tables would break our fall before he dropped and landed on one of them. It didn't break, and he landed fairly unperturbed, but I still wouldn't go. The girl friend had at some point made it down there as well, and they finally convinced me to come down. They sort of caught me, but I landed on my rear and lower back on the table, and I just knew the pain/injury was going to be a nuisance as we went on.

Later I had entered an auditorium. It was really a lot like a movie theatre, but huge, and with a small stage rather than a screen. Certain sections of the audience were sort of colour-coded by the group that was supposed to sit there; I remember one where everyone was wearing lime green hoodies. I was carrying something—not sure what—and desperately looking for my group of three. Then the girl, who was now clearly Laura*, managed to wave me down. I noticed the empty seat between her, and Steve, who had somewhat ambiguously become David Tennant, notified me they had saved me a seat. I thanked them and sat down.

At this point Laura decided to show off the new hoodie she was wearing. It was sort of greenish, but when she drew the strings of the hood shut, it looked like the face of some famous video game character girl similar to the lady in Wreck-It Ralph. Laura informed me said character was from Transformers before going in-character for her and yelling, "Snake!" I was fully aware this was another character in the video game. She kept yelling it in a hoarse man voice, very much to the amusement of those sitting around us and Steve/David. Then she pulled a second set of drawstrings, which cut off her mouth so the entire character face showed. I couldn't hear anything from her now, so I made a sarcastic comment about how I liked this function of the hoodie better.

* Girl in my class. She's a little wacky and sarcastic, and we took/are taking some of our classes together and live in the same dorm.

4 comments:

  1. Oh, gosh, Steve Perry turning into David Tennant ... XD The last little paragraph, with the hoodie and the 'famous video game character' face, was my favorite part. Especially "Snake!"

    You had this dream, and I had a depressing dream about Amer freezing to death in a river. But, I also dreamed that Canada/Ukraine became 100% undeniably canon, so that was good, I guess.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Quite possibly my dream man is a cross between Steve Perry and David Tennant, ha.

      All right, then. Was this all in the same segment?

      Delete
    2. Sort of...? It was really confusing. It involved so many other things; my dreams are always just an incoherent mess with tons of things happening at once. Igris, who was also Lude, and some other characters were on some sort of 'mission' in an underground parkade that was also a ski hill, and Igris/Lude kept putting Amer's death behind him to focus on the mission, to the point that all the other characters questioned whether he really cared about Amer, and then I read his mind and saw that he was only pretending not to care for the good of the mission, and in the midst of this Canada and Ukraine were declaring their love for each other, and this was all somehow a novel version of Hetalia...

      Delete